Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Mario's Personality Profile - ENTJ


As part of a Management MBA class that I am currently enrolled in at Towson University in Maryland, I was instructed to take a Myers-Briggs Personality Profile Test. Previously, give or take roughly 5 years ago, my results were ENTP (Extroverted, Intuitive, Thinking, Perceiving); however, time has shifted my natural tendencies slightly. After re-taking the exam online, my results were ENTJ (Extroverted, Intuitive, Thinking, Judging) with the only difference in the last segment from Perceiving to Judging.

Generally, a common characteristic of a ENTJ is a vision of the future and the ability to make that vision come true. Basically, my thoughts behind this concept are similar to a position such as a Project Manager, Financial Planner, or even your local Wealth Management Investor. I can vouch for the fact that many ENTJs have a high-level of analytical tendencies and businesses will often seek individuals who have these traits to be business consultants, financial or economic analysts, and stockbrokers.

A typical trait of an ENTJ is that many individuals exhibiting this personality set is commonly driven toward leadership and/or roles that exude decision-making responsibilities. In a business environment, ENTJs can be found as top executives or senior management officials. Personally, I am driven by deadlines and goals; furthermore, I allure, if not implore, fellow employees and subordinates to achieve similar expectations. A realization is eventually expected that all individuals cannot have the same personality and work ethics, but if your team works together toward the same goal, the sky is definitely the limit!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ENTJ's rock...and are the most rare among letter sets for the MB test.

Quopherton said...

Like Doug said, I am not an 'EXTREME' extrovert; however, my natural tendency is to voice my opinion and speak my mind with peers. I do not shy away from mangement conversation and generally enjoy partaking in stimulating conversations.

Also, Doug noted that ENTJ personalities are the most rare form, to the tune of 2% of all population. For me the rarity is great, but also means that we are in demand. From an econmic standpoint, be prepared to lead!!